Thursday, March 31, 2011

Breckenridge - Vanilla Porter


I want to like this beer, but I think this is another case of "I may like it if its been aged a good bit to take the edge off it".

To the nose it is very pleasing, a nice vanilla bouquet that is very soft. It pours dark with little head, however I did pour it into a pilsner and not a tulip, but I really don't think that it would have made that big of a difference in the flavor department.
Taste wise it just left me very longing. It has a nice upfront hit of vanilla but a big hole in the flavor in beteeen the vanilla and the bitter coffee. It could just be that it needs a far heavier body, but I think it needs a milky flavor to really pull it together. It smooths a it warms, but not enough to win me over... however I would like to pair it with vanilla ice cream and make a float with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment