Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lagunitas - Pale Ale

OK so I like this beer, but I would rather drink my local boulevard brewery's pale ale selection. Here's why...
On first pour there is little to no head and little to no lacing. It pours a nice hazy golden color and has a hoppy smell, all good so far...
Tastes wise it has a great hop and slight apricot taste that has a substantial bite to it and a nice crisp body. But then the finish comes in... it has a dry finish that leaves the hoppy bitter taste lingering in your mouth as not such a pleasing after taste. Here is the thing, I know a lot of people that would absolutely love this brew, but I just don't dig it. I don't like it with wine and I definately don't like it on beer. Granted I would have no problem drinking this after I have already had a few, but hell I will drink anything after I have had enough decent beer...
All in all our local craft brew I like more, sadly I do enjoy what this brewery produces, I just wish it finished a little cleaner. I could put a slice of lemon in it, or some lime, or some orange. But that's not doing the beer any justice now is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment