Friday, March 4, 2011

Samuel Adams - noble pils

I'm not the biggest fan of the Boston brewery, but I had heard good things about this beer so I tried it... just glad that I got it in a "build your own six pack".
It pours a perfect sparkly clear gold with a good amount of head, but thankfully it doesn't stick around too long. Aroma wise it is kind of a standard pilsner with a little bit of hoppy tang to it.
Tastes wise it is nice and smooth and dare I say a nicely balanced pilsner with a little hoppy tang to it. But sadly that's about it... don't get me wrong this beer is good, but its not a "only comes around in the season" beer. If this beer was around all year it would be better. Because it would then be a viable replacement for all the crappy mass produced beer out there.
If you are looking for a beer to knock your socks off with flavor, keep looking. If your tired of drinking bud light and want something famaliarly different, get this. Its worlds better than that bottled mediocreness that you have been drinking for just a little extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment