Saturday, March 26, 2011

Odell Brewing - levity amber ale


I have always been a big fan of a good amber ale. A good body, good color... all around a solid any time of the year beer. This is no exception.
Not having drank anything from Odell in a state of caring or remembering it, this was my first conscious time of drinking their beer. I am impressed from first drink. Need I say more? Probably not, but guess what? I am... what you gonna do about it? Keep reading? I hope so.

This beer pours a nice golden sunset color with a good amount of head, around 3 fingers or so. It has a sweet orange smell to it that is nice and soft. The taste is not so far off either.
It has a very large flavor without being to heavy in body to be refreshing. It is a nice round flavor with some nice orange notes and a slight malty overtone. To me this reminds me of what blue moon used to be like before they sold out. I'm not even sure I would even call this an amber ale... I would call it perfection. The finish to this beer is nice and smooth. It is almost cake like in flavor profile some citrus notes, some malts, a little sugar, and like all great cakes, a little booze...
All in all a great way to have a first remembered drink from a good brewer. I look forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment