Monday, February 14, 2011

Lagunitas olde gnarleywine


This being the first time I have had this beer, I was not sure what to expect as this is the first brew of this brand I have had as well, I am not the biggest barley wine guy, but its a genre that is growing on me.
Up front it has a huge body and mouth full like a stout, but with a upfront taste of malty brown sugar. There is a slight hoppy citrus bite in the background that fills out the whole flavor pallet.
There is not alot of head, but that is fine with me, I prefer to drink my beer, not watch it. It smells just exactly as it tastes too.
Over all I love this beer... But not for what it is right now, but for what it will taste like in a couple of months after I age a few bottles and the flavors coalesce some more. So this review will probably repeat in 6 months and a year.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment