Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Boulevard - Saison Brett

So tonight I had the pleasure of unwinding with a bottle of saison Brett. I am very thankfull that I bought a few bottles of it to cellar, and one to drink now. This is mainly for the fact that only being cellared 3 months right out of the bottle and being 8.5 percent it is pretty boozey now. But a year or two will take that edge off nicely.
That being said, this is a good brew as it stands, its just a little heavy on the alcohol now. It pours a beautiful orange that is very hazy, and has a huge head to go along with it in typical boulevard fashion. It smells of oranges and is kind of earthy in its smell, you can't really smell the alcohol in it like you can some others.
Taste wise it is pretty close to the smell. A very farmhouse taste of grains, some hopes, with some citrus (mainly oranges and lemon). It finishes fairly clean with a huge alcohol bite right at the end.
Really my only regret is that I didn't buy any last year to have an aged bottle ready to go now... I would love to taste what 1 and 2 years ages tastes like... Right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment